1. The concept of low smoke and halogen free
Refers to compounds that do not emit toxic fumes (such as hydrogen halide, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, etc.) when they are burnt made of materials that do not contain halogen (F, Cl, Br, I, At), and do not contain environmental substances such as lead, cadmium, chromium, mercury, etc. Environmentally friendly cable.
● The halogen pointer is: the value of all halogens≦50PPM (according to regulations PREN 14582)
● The content of hydrogen halide gas produced after combustion is less than 100PPM (according to the regulations EN5067-2-1)
● The PH value of the hydrogen halide gas produced after combustion when dissolved in water is ≧4.3 (weakly acidic) (according to the regulations EN-50267-2-2)
● The light transmittance of the product through a beam of light after burning in a closed container is ≧60% (according to the regulations EN-50268-2)
● Pb＜90PPM, Cd, Cr6+, Hg, PBBs, PBDEs are all less than 5PPM
2.the development trend of low-smoke halogen-free wires
A: Traditional PVC wires and cables will produce smoke containing toxic gases such as hydrogen halide, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, etc. when burned, which not only affects the smooth progress of disaster relief work, but also causes a "second disaster" to life and property;
B: The strongest opposition to the application of PVC is Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, the United States, Japan and some other countries. The legislative bodies and coordinating agencies of these countries have enacted strict laws to restrict and eventually cancel the PVC industry. application;
C: According to the SS-00259 regulations, SONY began to require the wires provided by suppliers to meet the comprehensive low-smoke and halogen-free requirements (except for high-temperature wires such as FEP), due to the current low-smoke and halogen-free plugs and connectors Some have not been developed yet, and the implementation time has been pushed to 2005.5.1. Phillips will fully replace it from 2006.1. There are no express regulations in other countries.
3. Characteristics of low-smoke and halogen-free wires:
(1) The tensile strength is greater than that of ordinary PVC wires: the tensile strength of general PVC wires is greater than 1.05Kgf/mm2, and the tensile strength of low-smoke halogen-free wires is greater than 1.2Kgf/mm2;
(2) Good weather resistance (-30℃~105℃);
(3) Have good softness (hardness is 80-90);
(4) It is non-migrating (because no plasticizer is added to the formula of this product, there will be no migration);
(5) No toxic black smoke will be produced during combustion (a small amount of white smoke will be produced);
(6) High volume resistivity: PVC wire is generally 1012~1015Ω/cm3, and low-smoke halogen-free wire is greater than 1016Ω/cm3;
(7) It has good high-voltage resistance characteristics: PVC wires generally can withstand more than 10KV, while low-smoke and halogen-free wires are as high as 15KV;
(8) It has good elasticity and viscosity.
4.low-smoke halogen-free wire formula additives:
Linear PE and elastic PE are selected as the main resins, and three kinds of metal oxides containing crystal water are used as flame retardant materials: they lose crystal water above 200℃, 300℃, and 300℃.